#3 All Ears English: What’s Your Commute Like? How to Talk About Your Daily Route to Work in English


door-to-door
is a way to say “in total” for your commute, it’s literally how much of your day is spent getting from your door to your employer’s door.

🔶 It takes me 1 hour door-to-door.

one-way
⭐ how long it takes you to get through one half of your journey

🔶 It takes me 20 minutes one way.

round trip
similar to door-to-door because it talks about a total travel time

🔶 It takes me 40 minutes round trip.

During the morning/evening rush hour
travel times may vary between the morning and the evening

🔶 It takes me 20 minutes in the morning and much longer in the evening.

With traffic
 this factors in traffic as that plays a significant role in your commute time

🔶 It takes me about a half hour with traffic.

留言